2012 Quad Cities College Changes Everything Conference
- 2012 Quad Cities CCE Conference Agenda
- List of Conference Attendees
- Stronger Nation Through Higher Education Report – Illinois
- Return on Investment - Illinois
- Stronger Nation Through Higher Education Report - Iowa
- Return on Investment - Iowa
- ACT – Affirming the Goal Presentation (Illinois and Iowa Data)
- Hamilton Project report: A Dozen Economic Facts About K-12 Education http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/2012/09/27-education-facts
- Achieve Quad Cities: Networks and Regional Vision
- Quad Cities Promise Neighborhoods
- Davenport AmeriCorps/Youth Corps Programs (Davenport Youth Corps – Final Copy.ppt)
- Quad City Minority Partnership Math and Science Program
- Quad Cities Community Engagement/Community Matters
- Black Hawk College and Illinois Math and Science Academy (IMSA) Partnership
You’ve seen the statistics – the U.S. lags other countries in higher education completion. You’re aware of the personal and economic benefits of higher education to both the individual and nation – in effect, how College Changes Everything for a student and our society.
In collaboration with the Lumina Foundation’s national goal, the State of Illinois has adopted the goal to increase the proportion of adults in Illinois with high-quality degrees and credentials to 60% by the year 2025. The current rate for Illinois is about 41% and for Iowa it’s nearly 39%. Research also indicates that 64% of jobs in Illinois and 62% of jobs in Iowa will require some education/training beyond high school by 2018.
To help reach this goal and support the economic development of the Quad Cities area, please register (no registration fee) to attend the one-day Quad Cities College Changes Everything Conference on November 6, 2012 at Black Hawk College. This conference will focus on effective practices and collaborations and showcase resources available to help with college access and increasing college completion and cultivating a college going culture. The conference brings together a diverse audience of: college access practitioners; community organizations; high school leaders, counselors and case managers; college and university leaders and administrators; and policymakers and business leaders interested in higher education.
The College Changes Everything movement is building awareness, collaboration, and public will to achieve Goal 2025. The campaign provides heightened awareness of the positive impact of higher education on the broader social and economic issues facing our society. The campaign also promotes more efficient use of existing human and financial resources to provide greater results.
The conference is being sponsored by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission with the support of a grant from Lumina Foundation.
November 6, 2012 at the Black Hawk College, 6600 34th Avenue, Moline, IL 61265