2012 College Changes Everything Conference Information
- Conference Agenda
- Conference Registration List
- A Stronger Nation Report - Illinois
- Illinois Reform Initiatives
Morning General Session Presentation
Breakout Session Presentations & Materials
- College and Career Readiness Session
- Retention Success: Keeping College Students on the Path to Completion
- Skill Sets for 21st Century Jobs, Expanding Student Pursuit of STEM Fields
- Different Paths to Completion - Dual Credit and Dual Degree
- Catching Up: Meeting the Remediation Challenge
- Nearing Completion: Getting to the Finish Line
- Common Core Standards: Impact on College Access and Success
2012 Conference Overview
As Illinois moves forward on its goal to increase the proportion of adults in Illinois with high-quality degrees and credentials to 60% by the year 2025, please join us at the second College Changes Everything conference on July 12, 2012, at the same location as last year’s conference – the Tinley Park Convention Center.
You’ve seen the statistics: The U.S. lags other countries in higher education completion. You’re aware of the personal and economic benefits of higher education to both the individual and nation—in effect, how College Changes Everything for a student and our society.
Attend this one day conference that focuses on effective practices and showcases resources available to help with college access and increasing college completion. The conference brings together a diverse audience from across the state: college access practitioners; high school leaders, counselors and case managers; college and university leaders and administrators; and policymakers interested in higher education.
Sessions presented by state and national leaders will provide purposeful information and engage the audience in thoughtful discussions on the serious issues we face, such as:
- College and Career Readiness
- Retention Success
- Skill Sets for 21st Century Jobs
- Expanding Students Pursuit of STEM Fields
- Dual Credit and Dual Degree Programs
- Remediation Success
- Common Core Standards and College Access
- And more
The forum will include time for sharing best practices with peers to help participants walk away with plans for moving their access and completion efforts forward. Come ready to share and learn. Click here for a preliminary conference program outline >.
Conference organized by:
Lt. Governor’s Office
Illinois Board of Higher Education
Illinois Community College Board
Illinois State Board of Education
Illinois College Access Network
Federation of Independent Illinois Colleges and Universities
Conference sponsored by:
07/12/2012 at the Tinley Park Convention Center
The Tinley Park Convention Center is located just 30 miles from downtown Chicago at 18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, IL 60477.