2021 CCE: Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging for
the Success of All Learners
July 12-July 16, 2021
Registration is now open for the conference on the Whova virtual event platform. The conference is free but registration is required. The conference supports the state’s Goal 2025 – to increase the proportion of adults in Illinois with high quality degrees and postsecondary credentials to 60% by the year 2025.
This year’s conference theme is Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging for the Success of All Learners. Learners from underserved and historically underrepresented populations are not just experiencing problems directly resulting from the pandemic, but the pandemic has also elevated existing inequities. It’s critical we take steps now to examine and address the short and long-term outcomes of our policies, programs, and structures, as well as grapple with key issues and the tensions they raise as we strive to meet the needs of all learners. The CCE conference provides an opportunity for stakeholders to identify actionable solutions to strengthen our work to increase education and career opportunities for all learners-- allowing them to contribute to stronger communities and a robust and more inclusive workforce and economy.
This online event will showcase best practices, collaborations, and resources available to promote and support student college access and success and career readiness. Check out our three plenary sessions,
- Monday, July 12th – Conference Kick Off and State Agency Panel: Educating During the Pandemic
- Tuesday, July 13th – Illinois Higher Education Strategic Plan: Next Steps and Q&A
- Wednesday, July 14th – Keynote Panel: Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging for the Success of All Learners
and the full conference agenda, below.
Please share the link to this page with colleagues in your organization and other partners.
2021 College Changes Everything Conference Planning Committee
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Illinois Community College Board
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Illinois State Board of Education
- Illinois College Access Network
- Federation of Independent Illinois Colleges and Universities
- Advance Illinois
- Education Systems Center at Northern Illinois University
- Generations Serving Generations
- ACT Now
- Women Employed
The College Changes Everything® Conference is sponsored
by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
Helping Illinois reach its Goal 2025: to increase the proportion of adults in Illinois
with high-quality college degrees and
postsecondary credentials to 60% by the year 2025