2018 College Changes Everything Conference®
Call for Proposals & Save the Date: July 19, 2018
Tinley Park Convention Center
Tinley Park, Illinois
July 19, 2018
Please mark your calendars to attend the eighth annual College Changes Everything® (CCE) Conference – the state’s preeminent annual college access and success and career readiness event. This one day conference focuses on effective practices and showcases resources available to help with increasing college access and college completion for students in support of the state’s Goal 2025 – to increase the proportion of adults in Illinois with high-quality degrees and credentials to 60% by the year 2025. The conference will take place on Thursday, July 19, 2018, at the Tinley Park Convention Center, Tinley Park, Illinois.
CCE 2018: Supporting Students’ Futures through College and Career Readiness Partnerships
At all levels of the education system and across all workforce sectors, what we call “student success” is truly a shared responsibility.
- High schools, colleges, universities, and other student-serving organizations continue to rethink and retool how they engage with students of all ages and how they partner with employers to realize a shared goal: providing students with the knowledge and opportunities to be successful along the transitions from education to employment.
- More and more employers understand the importance of including education as part of a business strategy to help equip students with skills for career success and strengthen the overall talent pipeline.
- National, state, and regional initiatives and strategies are strengthening education-employment relationships to provide students with the information, resources, and experiences to achieve their education, career, and life goals.
A key strength of this conference is that it brings together a diverse audience from across the state to focus on educational opportunity and student success: college access practitioners; high school leaders, counselors, and case managers; college and university leaders and administrators; employers and workforce development professionals; and policymakers and elected officials interested in higher education. The conference also serves as an opportunity for stakeholders to improve their practice of collaboration and collective leadership as we work toward the state’s goal.
Call for Proposals: Due March 9, 2018 – Please Share Your Knowledge and Expertise
The Conference Planning Committee is making a call for interest session proposals for the 2018 conference. Help make this conference a valuable professional development experience by sharing with colleagues your best practices, perspectives, and knowledge. As the conference draws a broad group of professionals and stakeholders, we welcome proposals that cover a wide range of topics related to college access and completion and career readiness. Such topics might include, but are not limited to: college and career readiness; student retention, persistence, and completion; educational equity; partnerships; career development experiences; education, business, and the economy; and college costs, financial aid and affordability. Each one-hour session should provide in-depth information, practical ideas, and best practices for the audience and demonstrate positive steps taken and lessons learned to address college access and completion and career readiness issues.
- Deadline – Priority consideration will be given to completed session proposal forms submitted by March 9, 2018.
- Non-Commercial Policy – Please note that sessions are to be non-commercial forums. Individuals should refrain from using brand names or endorsing specific products. Sessions are not to be used as a place for direct promotion of products or services.
- Presenter Compensation – The College Changes Everything® conference does not provide any compensation for individuals accepted to serve as conference interest session presenters. This includes compensation for travel-related expenses and hotel accommodations.
- Conference Registration – Presenters are to register for the conference, and the registration fee is $40.00. Conference registration will open later this spring.
Please complete the online session proposal form, and please share this information with colleagues in your organization and other partners.
Questions about the conference and interest session proposals can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tinley Park Convention Center
The Tinley Park Convention Center is located just 30 miles from downtown Chicago at 18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, IL 60477.
2018 College Changes Everything® Planning Committee
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Illinois Community College Board
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Illinois State Board of Education
- Illinois College Access Network
- Federation of Independent Illinois Colleges and Universities
- Advance Illinois
- Center for the Study of Education Policy at Illinois State University
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning
- Education Systems Center at Northern Illinois University
- Generations Serving Generations
- ACT Now
- Women Employed